**** DONE: 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb Floatplane – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm not sure about duck's pilot licences but they have never been sending flight plans to the ATS. :lol:

Charles, the kite looks great. :cool:

Monday evening......

I'm not impressed with this camo. Comments ?

Some pic's taken outside (after 1930) some taken inside w/flash.

Maybe it will look better after the clear coat ?

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2433.JPG
    DSC_2433.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_2434.JPG
    DSC_2434.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_2437.JPG
    DSC_2437.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_2438.JPG
    DSC_2438.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2439.JPG
    DSC_2439.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_2440.JPG
    DSC_2440.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2441.JPG
    DSC_2441.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 85
I actually think it looks alright Charles. Check this out:

Attachments

• 2527522182_daa79a2ded[1].jpg
    2527522182_daa79a2ded[1].jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 71
That looks wonderful, I wanted to see the process of fixing the wing "pop" through, but... maybe later, you might provide a walk-through for those of us that were stuck in the beginner stages of tissue and stick stuff. I know that I would learn a lot, and I think that all of us would love to build one of those "flying tissue boxes" again!
Thanks for being here.

Paul: Fixing the wing, where I put my finger through it, was pretty simple. Use a knife to cut out the torn area, back to four areas of balsa. Using clear dope as the adhesive, just put a patch of tissue over the area. Water it down to stretch the tissue, then half dozen or so coats of 50/50 clear dope/thinner. After some very light sanding with 800 grit sandpaper, paint it the color of your choice. If you look at the wing, you can hardly notice the patched area.
See my post # 313.

Charles

Last edited:
That looks good to me Charles. The particular colour scheme is a strange one, as in certain lighting angles, it can look almost one colour, with slight variations in tone which are like shadows - which was probably the intention. Yours certainly looks like the real thing as far as colour and tone are concerned.

Thanks for the comments, Guys. I still think it's a strange camo scheme.

Raining today..... cats-in-razza-frass !!! That means no painting. Decided to clean up the work area today and get rid of the needless debris.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back