**** DONE: 1/24 Spitfire Mk.Vb Floatplane – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry about that mishap Charles, but glad you got it sorted. Looking forward to your next progress.

All the damage is repaired. Repainted the undersides of the wing, with "sky" this morning. Should have everything taped and ready for the Dark Slate Gray by the week-end.

Charles

Last edited:
I knew you were good for it, Did you take any pic's of the doing?

As a matter of fact... I did ! Also did a job on the elevator, too. I'm all taped up and ready to paint, however I have to go outta town Friday, so the paint job is set for Saturday Morning.

BTW... do any of you camo experten have any suggestions for the camo on the floats ?

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2421.JPG
    DSC_2421.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_2422.JPG
    DSC_2422.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Nicely done Charles. As far as I know, the pattern on the floats would follow on, matching the upper wing surfaces. So where the floats 'protrude' fore and aft of the wing would be the colour immediately above them, on the wing upper surface, probably 'broken' in the centre of the float by the opposite colour, where the pattern may indicate, as if the float were the same wing surface. If that makes sense?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back