**** DONE: 1/30 Grumman Hellcat - Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got another dumb question for you Charles. Do these kits come with the tissue or do you have to buy it separate?

Plenty of tissue comes with the model. I usually have some left over.

Vic Balshaw said:
Moving along nicely Charles. Are you working up for a third entry!!

Definitely... no. I'm having trouble jockeying my time between the Hellcat and the F-14.

Charles

While I'm covering the fuselage, which is a slow process, I decided to work on the stabilizer. Making this in two pieces, so the elevator can be in a down position. Thanks for the kind words, guys...

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2529.JPG
    DSC_2529.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2527.JPG
    DSC_2527.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_2528.JPG
    DSC_2528.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 54
Looking at these two shots I'm wondering if it would be possible to move the back mount of the rubber band a little bit down , between these two stringers below. In that way , you could attach a cockpit floor ( made of a balsa thin board and stuck to the second side stringer at the cockpit area.) So a few details to the cocpit interior , including the pilot seat could be aaded.

209063.jpg

209135.jpg

Wurger said:
Looking at these two shots I'm wondering if it would be possible to move the back mount of the rubber band a little bit down , between these two stringers below. In that way , you could attach a cockpit floor ( made of a balsa thin board and stuck to the second side stringer at the cockpit area.) So a few details to the cocpit interior , including the pilot seat could be aaded.

I've got all the fuselage covered, it would take some major surgery to do that. The formers jut into the cockpit area at least a half inch on the sides and bottom, so it really does not leave much room to play with.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2546.JPG
    DSC_2546.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_2547.JPG
    DSC_2547.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back