**** DONE: 1/30 Grumman Hellcat - Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Charles, did I send you this kit? I can't remember and it looks like one I inherited from my dad. If not, I gotta see if I can find it and I can send it to you. Sooo many kits and can't remember them all!!

Looks great so far!!

Charles, did I send you this kit? I can't remember and it looks like one I inherited from my dad. If not, I gotta see if I can find it and I can send it to you. Sooo many kits and can't remember them all!!

Looks great so far!!

No Chris. I had this one ordered from my LHS, but after about six weeks I called Guillows, in Mass. They told me a die had broken in the ass'y line and it would be awhile before they shipped any Hellcats. I ordered one from Guillows, and received it a week later, cancelling the one ordered from the LHS.

If you have any balsa kits you wanna get rid of I'll be happy to pay for the shipping. Check out my F-14 in this GB !

Charles

Whilst I am doping and sanding on the fuselage, I am also laying down the wings. They should be finished, except for covering, today. As you can see, we are going to have ailerons (non-movable).

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2548.JPG
    DSC_2548.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_2549.JPG
    DSC_2549.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_2550.JPG
    DSC_2550.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 83
Looking very good, Pal. What about the wing dihedral angle?

Just finished setting that up. The dihedral is 7/8 of an inch (just a little over 22 mm), per side.

In the last pic the ailerons are just sitting in the wing.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2551.JPG
    DSC_2551.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_2553.JPG
    DSC_2553.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_2554.JPG
    DSC_2554.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 83
Finished construction the tail ass'y, and got the stabilizer and elevator covered. Will cover the rudder today. The little bit to the right of the rudder is the rudder trim tab. It's coming, slow but sure....

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2544.JPG
    DSC_2544.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_2545.JPG
    DSC_2545.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back