**** DONE: 1/32 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8, Blau 4, JG 5 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
Name: Cory
Category: Beginner
Model: Fw 190A-8
Scale: 1:32
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Aftermarket addons: Eagle Editions decals, and maybe some seatbelts that came with the Trumpeter Me 262.

I'm back guys! After a substantial break from GBs due to weather, and lack of appropriate kits (saw an AM IL-2 yesterday though that I wish I had seen a few months back!), I'm back at it! This is my first, and possibly my only, entry into this build. I may enter a 1/48 D-9 with a resin engine set, but I still have to finish a couple models and I'm itching to start my F-14 so we'll see how that goes.

The subject is a Fw 190A-8 Blue 4 from JG 5 (Eismeer). All that's said on the decal sheet is May 1945, and that it's in Herdla, Norway. No Werknummer either. I don't have any pictures, so if anyone does and can post them, that'd be great!

I'll scan the profile sheet after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Cory. Will look around to see what I might have on this one. I leant a book that has a lot on JG 5 in it to my Dad on Ontario and I'm going back in June but I'm sure something will crop up elswhere. A quick search on the net brough up one photo of a row of 190's with blue codes but not blue 4.

EDIT: Found something in Squadron Walkaround no 22:

"FW 190A-8 Blue 4 (WNr believed 350189) was assigned ot 12.IV/JG 5 in the early spring of 1945. The aircraft was slightly damaged due to pilot error on 3 March 1945...."

Last edited:
Another Fw190...wonderful Cory. ... Geez.. it might appear The LW has been equipped with the kind of a plane only.

Last edited:
Not to worry Wojtek. I'm sure we'll see our share of Messerschmitts in this GB soon enough.
Nice choice Cory. Looking forward to your build.

Nice one Cory and glad to have you back in the GB. I will have a hunt through my stuff to see if I can throw any light onto you subject.

Edit: Sorry Cory, could only find same profile and details as Andy.

Last edited:
There is one or maybe two photo's ? of this Blue 4, there is more than one blue 4.

Here is the one shot i know of for your Blue 4

Source : The Internet

Attachments

• Fw190A-8 Blue 4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 758
Yeah Andy, it's a good sheet! Bought it for Black 12 actually, and have already used those decals. The finished kit is here: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/yo...1-32-fw-190a-8-black-12-8-jg-300-a-26064.html

I've also always wanted to do a Blue numbered 190 (due to that being my favourite colour ), and as luck would have it there's one on this sheet.

And thanks Wayne, I figured you'd come up with something!

Users who are viewing this thread