**** DONE: 1/32 Fw 190D-9 - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just had another look, and some of the images are now there, whilst others are still just the small icons.
I stand by my comment of up-loading direct though - 'Photobucket' and similar image-hosting sites are a pain when they don't work, and can disappear after a certain amount of time and are, quite honestly, unnecessary, when pics can be up-loaded direct.

Yes you are right. The Photobucket hosting is a pain. Also the site makes loading of pages slower , especially if images are large.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Still working on the wing/fuse joint and other minor putty work but we are getting closer and closer to the camo painting!

Just a tiny update on the Dora. I've dipped my canopy pieces into Future and masked them manually using Tamiya Tape. The windscreen was glued into place after I replaced the gun sight reflector glass. The sliding canopy was just placed to check fit. Haven't decided on whether to position the canopy open or closed. I really prefer the look of my planes with everything buttoned up. And I don't like the look of the slack aerial drooping all over the rear fuselage so I'm leaning towards a closed canopy but we'll see...
IMG_1364_zps2bcl58wd.jpg

IMG_1365_zpsfro4jnqw.jpg

Looking good John. Although I mainly model canopies in the open position, there are times when it can look better closed, and with that 'droopy' antenna wire, I agree, it looks untidy and, to the uninitiated, can be mistaken for a fault or error, so I can see your logic in having a closed canopy.

The other advantage of leaving it closed on the 190 is that you don't have to deal with the tapered track. Eduard supplies 2 canopies in their kits: one for closed and a "squeezed" one for he open position.

Good point Andy. I've seen umpteen models that have been slightly spoiled by having that gap around the open canopy, and as far as I know, it's only the Eduard 1/48th scale kits that offer the optional canopy. I normally add runners, made form plastic strip, to try to disguise the gaps at least a little.

A short update on the big Dora... I've started the painting process. But first, a few more rivets were added to the fuselage joint area after cleanup.
IMG_1388_zpsumazx584.jpg

The canopy was secured into place and the frames were painted dark grey.
IMG_1391_zps2juqyle6.jpg

The preshading was done for the first portion of the wing bottoms. I'm going to go front to back on the wing bottoms.
IMG_1417_zps6b82s8nm.jpg

While I've got black in the airbrush cup, I've added a coat of it at the wing roots and fuselage around the cockpit. I am planning to do some hairspray chipping in this area.
IMG_1418_zps1dnibuch.jpg

Alclad Airframe Aluminum was used to serve as the chip coat.
IMG_1419_zps0rm6k3xh.jpg

Oh... and if you haven't noticed. I've ripped off the Eagle Editions radiator cowl and replaced it with the kit cowl. I just didn't like the fit gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back