**** DONE: 1/32 Fw 190D-9 - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Just had another look, and some of the images are now there, whilst others are still just the small icons.
I stand by my comment of up-loading direct though - 'Photobucket' and similar image-hosting sites are a pain when they don't work, and can disappear after a certain amount of time and are, quite honestly, unnecessary, when pics can be up-loaded direct.
 
Yes you are right. The Photobucket hosting is a pain. Also the site makes loading of pages slower , especially if images are large.
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys! Still working on the wing/fuse joint and other minor putty work but we are getting closer and closer to the camo painting!
 
Just a tiny update on the Dora. I've dipped my canopy pieces into Future and masked them manually using Tamiya Tape. The windscreen was glued into place after I replaced the gun sight reflector glass. The sliding canopy was just placed to check fit. Haven't decided on whether to position the canopy open or closed. I really prefer the look of my planes with everything buttoned up. And I don't like the look of the slack aerial drooping all over the rear fuselage so I'm leaning towards a closed canopy but we'll see...
IMG_1364_zps2bcl58wd.jpg


IMG_1365_zpsfro4jnqw.jpg
 
Looking good John. Although I mainly model canopies in the open position, there are times when it can look better closed, and with that 'droopy' antenna wire, I agree, it looks untidy and, to the uninitiated, can be mistaken for a fault or error, so I can see your logic in having a closed canopy.
 
The other advantage of leaving it closed on the 190 is that you don't have to deal with the tapered track. Eduard supplies 2 canopies in their kits: one for closed and a "squeezed" one for he open position.
 
Good point Andy. I've seen umpteen models that have been slightly spoiled by having that gap around the open canopy, and as far as I know, it's only the Eduard 1/48th scale kits that offer the optional canopy. I normally add runners, made form plastic strip, to try to disguise the gaps at least a little.
 
A short update on the big Dora... I've started the painting process. But first, a few more rivets were added to the fuselage joint area after cleanup.
IMG_1388_zpsumazx584.jpg


The canopy was secured into place and the frames were painted dark grey.
IMG_1391_zps2juqyle6.jpg


The preshading was done for the first portion of the wing bottoms. I'm going to go front to back on the wing bottoms.
IMG_1417_zps6b82s8nm.jpg


While I've got black in the airbrush cup, I've added a coat of it at the wing roots and fuselage around the cockpit. I am planning to do some hairspray chipping in this area.
IMG_1418_zps1dnibuch.jpg


Alclad Airframe Aluminum was used to serve as the chip coat.
IMG_1419_zps0rm6k3xh.jpg


Oh... and if you haven't noticed. I've ripped off the Eagle Editions radiator cowl and replaced it with the kit cowl. I just didn't like the fit gap.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back