**** DONE: 1/32 Grumman Wildcat F4F-3 Early – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Vaughan. Normally, we judges will accept an entry if the model has been 'only just' started, if the entrant enquires first - a model that's almost finished might be a different story. This is of course to prevent any form of 'trickery', for want of a better word - not that we'd expect that of course, but it has been known in other places, where someone else's model has been entered into a similar 'contest', and won, without the entrant having anything to do with the model. Hence the need for full build coverage, photos etc.
But, no problem, as you have all the build sequence photos, and the model isn't near being finished yet.
Sorry Terry my intention was not to mislead people, this is the first time I have ever entered a GB. All the work is my own and if that's ok I will continue to post my progress.
Vaughan

Last edited:
No problem at all Vaughan. I'm in a similar boat - until I joined the forum four years ago, I hadn't really done any modelling for some time, apart from the odd one now and then, often with years in between. My last IPMS entry was around the early 1980s, and I didn't even know what a Group Build was!
If you haven't seen them already, the GB Rules, and photo requirements for the finished thread, are posted in the general section of the Group Build threads - any questions, just ask!
Cheers.

The penalty for not complying with the rules is that you would have to forfeit your entry fee ($0.00), give up any chance of winning the prize money ($0.00), forego any chance of getting a "Member's Choice" icon (which is a white crest on a white backgound), not winning a top 3 icon in your sig (gray crest on a gray background), and enduring the wrath of we judges who can't remember what we had for breakfast this morning.

So consider yourself warned!

You'd of been in trouble if you didn't wire it, I love "real" looking engines with wires too :D

The cockpit tub looks amazing as well :)

The penalty for not complying with the rules is that you would have to forfeit your entry fee ($0.00), give up any chance of winning the prize money ($0.00), forego any chance of getting a "Member's Choice" icon (which is a white crest on a white backgound), not winning a top 3 icon in your sig (gray crest on a gray background), and enduring the wrath of we judges who can't remember what we had for breakfast this morning.

So consider yourself warned!
I'm gutted I think I will retire now I was so looking forward to the "Members Choice Icon" :cry:
Vaughan

Am hoping you are taking all this in good fun Vaughn, like I said, it's a mad house at times, you'll be ribbed, praised, chastised and egged on all in one sentence. So no retirements allowed mate, your committed.

I hope you were standing to attention during all that!!!.................................good, then…………………….Carry on.

Hi Guys
On a more serious note I did manage to get some more work done. I do tend to do stuff sometimes in an odd order so started on the prop yesterday evening and this morning. The prop is silver and black with red,yellow and blue tips. Usually I would mask and paint these on but the kit did come with decals so I gave them a go not thinking they would work. To my surprise they did, needed a bit of decalsoft but I'm pleased with the result. I've also added some dry brushing to the tips and the leading edge

Attachments

• 20121003_0063.jpg
    20121003_0063.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 20121004_0073.jpg
    20121004_0073.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 101
Nice!
I think most of us find it useful to ignore the proper order, although for me, it has gotten me in trouble once or twice...(glued up a wing without the wheel well boxes in!)

Nice!
I think most of us find it useful to ignore the proper order, although for me, it has gotten me in trouble once or twice...(glued up a wing without the wheel well boxes in!)

Tell me about it. I do it all the time ! Prop looks good, Vaughn....

Charles

Always check online the reviews for a kit, if theres something wrong with the instructions you can usually find the error listed in 1/3 reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back