**** DONE: 1/40 Grumman F-14 "Tomcat" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally got to do some work on the Tomcat, today. Got the ailerons painted Flat White, the anti-glare panel painted Flat Black, painted the flak damaged area with the Light Ghost Gray and a little touch up here and there. Also painted the already masked canopy. Pretty soon it will be decals and gloss coat !

Pic's in the morning....

Charles

"Well, whadda know, it's morning already, and the twilight's beginning to pale....." (From the song, "Along the Navajo Trail").

Been trying to clean up my greenhouse most of the day, and get my geraniums cleaned and pruned and put away for the winter.

Here's the promised pic. Still working on the anti-glare panel. BTW, from this angle you can see the warp in the starboard rudder. And, yes, that's a hole in the tissue, just forward of the starboard aileron.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2702.JPG
    DSC_2702.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Been working on the Tomcat, to make it look like a VF-84 bird. Got the leading edges of the rudders painted. Will remove the tape in about an hour or so. After the Light Ghost Gray cures, will paint the yellow tips on the rudders. New canopy in the mail. Pic's later today. Her's what the rudders will look like..

Charles

Attachments

• tomcat pro_1j.jpg
    tomcat pro_1j.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 81
Charles,

I have noticed that these ailerons painted white were a little bit larger than yours. ALso it seems that the elevators had the grey leading edges. Please have a look at the pic below....

f14acag78romanosm.jpg

Images of other Tomcats of the VF-84 from that period of time , seem to affirm it.

207.jpg

208.jpg

204.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back