**** DONE: 1:48 B-17G - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0503.JPG

I have been picking away at the top side of the port wing over the past couple of weeks. Been pretty busy away from the table so progress has been slow but I managed to get to this point where the top side of the wing is done except for dullcoat. The starboard wing and tail planes have had dullcoat applied and it toned down the weathering quite nicely as you can see compared to the port wing.

I hope to find some more time this weekend as the weather forecast is pretty crappy.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jeff

Last edited:
It is there, some type of gremlin I guess. I shrunk it back to thumbnail size and it appeared but I cannot expand it even by clicking on the thumbnail. I will keep an eye on it and hopefully whatever is wrong will be corrected.

jeff

I think you may edit your post and delete the attachment. Then attach it again.

IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

The fuselage has been joined together What a chore these big bombers can be getting everything to line up. I ended up gluing the front part and then the rear end afterwards. It went together pretty good with just a few small gaps that I filled using white glue and when I checked this morning the white glue is all but invisible. A small amount of sanding will be required, thats all. The red putty ahead of the starboard waist gun...almost a disaster. I was using the dremel to grind away the wind deflectors and the chuck rubbed almost through the fuselage....my bad but it could have been worse

The third picture is a bit of a teaser to see how she is going to look. It is getting close but still lots to do.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back