**** DONE: 1/48 Bf109F-4 J.Steinhoff - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Wayne, I know the feeling and will likely fix the number.

Terry, I used a good dose of this stuff:

Attachments

• 9527_big_1307658554.jpg
    9527_big_1307658554.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 86
Thanks Jerry.

Werke Nummer corrected! 13744 has become the correct 13144. How's that Wayne?

Attachments

• 120504 1.jpg
    120504 1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 120503 4.jpg
    120503 4.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 96
Looking very nice. Andy what is the problem with the Werk Nummer? Does the decal sheet that comes with the kit, have it incorrect or the Kagero one?

Very smooth nice work :) I can't wait for the "finished" thread so we can get a all around view of her :)

Nicely done Andy. I've tried all sorts of bonders, clear coat before use etc, but find that most (but not all) of the small, delicate ICM decals dissolve in the water, almost immediately!

Thanks guys.

I guess I got lucky Terry. I really had my fingers crossed with the wing walk lines but they behaved. They are actually printed in the L shape but I cut them in two to make them more manageable.

Wojtek, it's Kagero that got it wrong both in their profile drawing and on the decal sheet. WNF manufactured F-4's in the WNr block 13001 to 13391. 13744 would have been a G-2 that was manufactured at WNF in the summer of '42.

Anyhoo, the model has now received a seal coat of Future and will sit overnight for a final matt coat to be applied tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll work on the tail wheel and canopy armour.

Thanks for your continued interest guys. Won't be long now.

Nice sunny day today so I set up a photo session outside. Dullcoat was sprayed on this morning, wheels were attached, and some odd bits were installed.

First, 3 general shots. The armoured windscreen is glued on with clear parts cement which I chose to sandwich fully between the glazing pieces. It's drying very slowly due to little air getting at it so still has a milky look. The exhaust deflector pieces have been installedand painted but still need to be dirtied up a bit.

120506 10.jpg

120506 8.jpg

120506 4.jpg

Having applied the dull coat, a fair amount of silvering has now been revealed on some of the small stencils and also on the wing walk lines and stencils as can be seen below. I'll need to try to rectify this by poking holes in the decals, applying some setting solution, and then reapplying the dull coat.

120506 Top.jpg

Two shots of the nav lights. As described earlier, the solid plastic in this area was filed away, then a clear stretched sprue bulb was painted and glued on an this was then covered with several doses of CA glued then sanded flush. Turned out alright I think.

120506 Green.jpg

120506 Red.jpg

Here's the underside showing some initial panel work and weathering. Tires have been flattened which, for 109's, I find to be a bit tricky to get the angle right.

120506 Under.jpg

The punch list now stands as:

- Add a few more fastener details and install cowl
- Exhaust stains
- Touch up exhaust colours (the front one black as pointed out by Terry)
- A bit of oil staining and streaks
- Antenna mast and wire
- Pitot tube. The kit one looks like crap and will be replaced
- Install armour plate and mid canopy

Getting there. Thanks for looking in and for your kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back