**** DONE: 1/48 Corsair II - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy, very impressive scratch work.
I read the part about your going to a funeral but you did not say it was family. Please accept my sincere condolences as well.
We have an uncle in Knoxville with stage 4 cancer and it is only a matter of time for him.

Sorry to hear about the family bereavement Andy, my condolences to you and the family.
Nice work on the scoop. That rectangle you're aiming to fill, looks like it's probably supposed to be a pull-out hand grip, or similar small panel, and it is just visible in the colour photo of the FAA aircraft, just to the right of your red arrow, partly obscured by light reflection.

Thanks very much everyone. It was a sister-in-law who was diagnosed with lung cancer in February and, mercifully, did not have to endure it for too long. She was just 48.

Terry, I'm not seeing that rectangle in the picture. In any event, if it takes that much strain to make it out, it sure would not be visible on the model so I'm definitely filling it in.

Last edited:
It is there Andy, directly beneath the scoop, indicated by the white arrow. But it does look to be very flush, and hard to see. Fill it and maybe scribe a very shallow new one, which, once painted will only just be visible, close up?

Attachments

• Scoop.jpg
    Scoop.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 112
Thanks Peter, appreciate that.

The following sequence of pics shows how I did the ventral exhaust duct. The sequence is this: 1) tape off the outline, 2) drill holes, 3) cut opening and round out the discharge end, 4) cut side walls from card and glue, 5) cut horizontal part of duct and glue.

14042101.jpg
14042102.jpg
14042103.jpg
14042104.jpg
14042105.jpg

Also done today: carve of the molded trim actuator cables and replace with stretched sprue.

14042106.jpg

That's it for today. Next will be the Mark II Gyro Sight to be scratch built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back