**** DONE: 1/48 F6F-5P VF-88 Yorktown - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Decals on the way!
I made sure that it went Airmail, the woman at the desk assured me it wasn't going by truck.
"I just wanted to be sure it wasn't going on a ship", says I.
"Oh, no," she says, "We have airplanes now."
Effin hillbillies.

Should get here reasonably quick Paul, 7 to 10 days usually which in some cases is quicker the some of my post from New South Wales and I live in the middle of it.

Should get here reasonably quick Paul, 7 to 10 days usually which in some cases is quicker the some of my post from New South Wales and I live in the middle of it.
I was told that it would be 5 to 7 days.
Which I thought odd because, you know,
"We have airplanes now".

Thanks Wayne.....

and posting from the States, when an order is placed it usually takes 2 days for it to get In the mail system...... I'll let you kbow when they get here!

So I been a little busy this a.m.
Got the blue on finalllly!

***Thems not over sized guns, I covered the brass barrels with a tube of styrene.......

Attachments

• GB17 F6F-5P 31.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 31.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Got the rocket hangers on, the cap on the gas tank. Shame the engine is all covered up, never realized the engine was so far back under the cowl. Elevators attached. Will mask and paint the canopy pieces. I'll be hand cutting masks for the RR on the wings and rudder sides, can't find anything available in AM decals. Wing tip clearance lights. Pitot tube and antennas, underside formation lights. I have painted the straps for the tank, but want to get everything else done so I don't break anything off. Wheels wells have to be painted ZC as well, and back sides of the gear covers. Still a bit to do.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB17 F6F-5P 32a.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 32a.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 57
  • GB17 F6F-5P 32b.jpg
    GB17 F6F-5P 32b.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back