**** DONE: 1/48 Gloster Gladiator I - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a question guys - have ya's had any trouble posting recently?

Replied to Vic's last post here, before Wayne's. Hit the 'post quick reply', everything ok (or so I thought). Looking again now, it's gone.
Had this happen quite often - my mistake/our laptop, or have you guys had the same trouble??

What I had written was that I'm keen to see how your Vallejo bronze mix works out Vic. Got a few Bristol Hercules/ Pegasus engined birds in the stash, so need to find an 'ideal' mix.

This happens to me almost every day, I think I've posted on someones topic, or I post an update and it hasn't posted.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread btw Vic!)

No worries Even, I've been stuck in the garden, spreading mulch these last couple of days and now have house guests. So not much happening here anyway.

Managed to find time to have another go at the collector rings on both engines today. This time I reverted to Terry's favourite paint using a combination of Humbrol No 171 Antique Bronze Metallic (2 drops) and No 50 Green Mist Metallic (8 drops). I gave it a good mix and then let it settle for a couple of minutes. The rings have come out quite sparkly and shiny with the metallic and the paints base mix but after a dull final kit spray they should come out reasonably well.

20121205-1e.jpg

20121205-1f.jpg

Also made a star on the fuselage which has a number of additional PE fixtures to be added. Here I'm in the process of removing what I think is an external radiator and how the end scraping looks. The replacement part will be fitted later in the build.

20121205-1a.jpg

20121205-1b.jpg

20121205-1c.jpg

Taking a close look at the fuselage I found a small depression caused by a mould defect, a quick dab of super-zap and when dry a scrape and the problem should be solved.

20121205-1d.jpg

Many thanks for looking in folks and for the kind words.

Only thing I've got for the Gladiator today is the scratch built instrument panel. Dials are all in and a dab of wood glue added.

20121206-1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back