**** DONE: 1/48 He-51 b-2 floatplane – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, thanks, guys! I have many. I bought a sheet of them a while back, just have to locate the box of spare decals. I cleaned the modeling room the other day, (Yes, I did!) and moved some stuff around.

A little more order in the shop Paul.
Make up a folder, binder, with clear sleeves for the decals!!! do it...... do it now!

Onwards, I toil, thankful that there are still several day yet to finish this task.
The tail is now rigged, and the decals are going on. The first ones presented no problems but now that the rigging is done, they have decided to take over in vexing me. I will apply liquid film to thwart their assault on my sanity.
I will keep you all posted as to how that works out.

he5121.jpg

Thanks!
I am not entirely happy with the turnbuckle size, I love the process, there is no better way to tighten up rigging! I am pretty sure that our Australian friends have access to smaller guage aluminum tubing than I am able to get. I have checked with four different sources, and I am unable to find anything smaller than 1/16th tube.
I would be more than happy with it in 1/32, and if the chance comes up, I will use it there. One never knows, whith the way my eyes are going, 1/32 might be the way of the future!
It just seems a touch too large, to me.

Can't get away from the fact the you made your own twirly things (buckles) Paul, in itself that is a very commendable achievement that you should be more than proud of. Remember, I purchased mine.

I got it figured at 57 hours 20 minutes left.
One insignia shattered some. Time to break out the paint.

he5122.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back