**** DONE: 1/48 HH-60H HS-4 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nicely done Bill, and yes, I think you should add the cup! For a man of your skill, it should be a piece of p**s, and you could add another quirk, by having it knocked over, with spilled coffee all over the place! The there's the sandwich wrappers, Coke can .....

Or how about a purse hanging on the dash?????

Well, I m not having much luck these days.
Crappy deckles for the Corsair, and this bird, and a Lanc I want to build.

Now I have just opened the pack of Hell Fire missals for this one, photos attached. What do you think???

I have sent of these photos to the maker, so we shall see what they say. $34 U.S. for the two sets to make a four missal rack.

Attachments

• imgp3301.JPG
    imgp3301.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMGP3303.JPG
    IMGP3303.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 56
Hey Bill..... how about some fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror ?? Hey man... it's your train... run it the way you see fit !!

Hmmmm. looks like something is not quite on the level... Geeze... 34 bucks.... my Spitfire only cost $11.95 (usd).

Charles

Last edited:
Hey Bill..... how about some fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror ?? Hey man... it's your train... run it the way you see fit !!

Hmmmm. looks like something is not quite on the level... Geeze... 34 bucks.... my Spitfire only cost $11.95 (usd). Charles

No, no dice, besdies the rear view mirror in on the outside, kinda like a bus. But I have seen an Air Force heavy with a woman pilot on the controls, and a purse hanging of the dash.

Looks like the rack was removed from the mold too soon and tossed in a heap. And I work part time for my hobby. LOL

Mounting exterior things on the bird today. Cut the dual tailwheel assy loose from the fusey so I can swivel it. General clean up of parts to mount. I sailor on.

Considering the price, there's no excuse for such defects... (I've also receieved completely deformed 'True Details' products from the retailer - whatever happened to quality control?)

I've sent off an email with pictures, so we shall see.

When I did the cockpit of my Tamiya Corsair, decals awaitin, it took four goes of Verlinden cockpit sets to get the whole thing good. Bent, uncured, incomplete, you name it. But I do have plenty of parts in the box now, so if any one wants some, PM me!

Certainly don't look much like missiles to me...

It's the missal rack actually. The missals look great. But This is his response.

"Hey that can't be good. Try heating a thin layer of water to almost boiling. Remove from the heat. Place the part in it. This should restore the original shape. What may have happened is the parts may have bent due to heat enroute. They have a memory of how they should be. IF the part doesn't flex back by itself then you can 'assist' it with tape. Make the part warm again and then tape the ends down or just hold them down. Then when everything is set pour some cold water on them to set them in place. This is a pretty normal flaw of resin. If all else fails I can send you some more."

Floyd

Now, how could it get That hot enroute? Should I have to Fix them????? Is this a flaw in resin? Anyone experienced this?
I will give it a go.

All new stuff to me Bill and to be honest, I'd just tell them it failed and ask for replacement after all at that price you've paid for them………………………twice.

It was for the two sets.
But....

Not having much luck on these last two builds. But then I do go to extremes. Can't seem to build within the limits of stuff available.

I consider resin parts expensive. They have a responsibility to provide quality control.
If it takes almost boiling heat to restore, I have to wonder why they ship via Death Valley.

Thanks Glen......

I have had a good outcome from this resin experience. My reply.

"Well,

I did as you suggested, and low and behold, it came good.

Couldn't really Tape it down. Here's how I did it.

I heated some water in our tea kettle, then put about 5mm, 1/4", in the bottom of a tiny pot, no heat under the pot. I had to leave it in the hot water about half a minute, then used a pair of tweezers and tweeked it into place, gently. Then holding it against a piece of flat plastic to keep the shape straight, I held it under cold running water. Bingo. It's flat.

So, thanks for the tip. All is well.

Bill"

So I have moved on to more interior detail.

Glad it worked out, Bill. I think I would have asked for a replacement. Why should you have to fix it ? Anyhow, you're the one calling the shots, so it's your decision.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back