**** DONE: 1/48 HH-60H HS-4 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Working hard and well old chap and why do you do it?....................Cause you're a dumb ass model nutter like most of us and you can't resist a challenge.

Well put Vic. I didn't think anyone would notice I was a dumb ass tho, but then we Have met. I guess I am proving it with this exercise in futility. For what I am gaining, this mod is hardly worth all the effort and aggggrivation.

Glue in a piece, file, glue in another piece, file again, glue in another bloody piece, repeet repeet threepeet...... and the move to the other side...... arrrrrrrgh.

Attachments

• HH-60H 12a landing gear.jpg
    HH-60H 12a landing gear.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 70
  • HH-60H 12b landing gear.jpg
    HH-60H 12b landing gear.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 72
I been working on the landing lights as well. There were PE pieces, but I find them so hard to glue in, and file around I did my own styrene housings. Used tube, cut at an angle, then side put on for height. Cut the end at an angle and glued a flat piece on for the flat end for the lamp. Cut a sqaure hole at the back end and used a round file to elongate. The a round sided file to shape the sides of the hole. Bob's your uncle, as they say. Now for the other side of center. I think on these they are not retractable and one is more at an angle than the other, One points more forward. There is also a light for the crew pointing straight down under the hoist. Made a hole for that one as well.

Two posts in one day.......
I sailor on.... slowly.

Attachments

• HH-60H 13 landing lights.jpg
    HH-60H 13 landing lights.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 192
Beautiful work! What method are you using to get the proper amount of head spin?
And clock-wise or counter clock-wise?
I generally use some cheap canadian whiskey, but am always interested in new modeling techniques!

Good stuff Bill - can't beat a bit of simple scratch-building, makes more of the model, rather than throwing a box-full of aftermarket metal parts at it.

Beautiful work! What method are you using to get the proper amount of head spin?
And clock-wise or counter clock-wise?
I generally use some cheap canadian whiskey, but am always interested in new modeling techniques!

My choice when I was home in the States was Meyers and Coke, but here I have found Bundaburg is very much the same. Then of course the mix is still about 50/50 for the best results....... LMFAO.

Oooooo, drank Jack Daniels while in the Navy..... don't do that any more.......

Now I Know I've lost it.... I couldn't find a Gatling gun, so I've gone a Made the bugger...... I gotta stop this, I may just use the kit seats, but then they will look a little dorkey along side all the other scratch stuff. I'm slowwwwwly loosing it.

Attachments

• HH-60H 14a gatling gun.jpg
    HH-60H 14a gatling gun.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 79
  • HH-60H 14b gatling gun.jpg
    HH-60H 14b gatling gun.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 83
  • HH-60H 14c gatling gun.jpg
    HH-60H 14c gatling gun.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back