**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B-2 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ju 87 B-2, W.Nr. 313; coded 'T6+IH' of 1./St.G 2 'Immelmann', Krainici airfield, Bulgaria, March 1941...

UNITS_03_STG2_profile1.jpg

Ju 87 B-2; coded 'T6+HL' of 3./St.G 2 'Immelmann', Tyrkowo airfield, Russia, autumn 1941

UNITS_03_STG2_profile3.jpg

And a couple shots for the B-1 variant...

Ju87B-1 radiator.jpg

Ju87B-1 exchaust.jpg

Ju87B-1 StG2 in flight.jpg

Gold? It's a thought.
I have been studying as many pictures as I can find of the engine, it seems that no-one can agree on colors, so I will be going with what seems most likely to me.
RLM 02 on firewall, dirty black engine block and hoses/wires in various shades of blacks and silvers.
If anyone has any info further, I would sure like to hear it.

Gold? It's a thought.
I have been studying as many pictures as I can find of the engine, it seems that no-one can agree on colors, so I will be going with what seems most likely to me.
RLM 02 on firewall, dirty black engine block and hoses/wires in various shades of blacks and silvers.
If anyone has any info further, I would sure like to hear it.

These might help if you can read German Paul. I can't and don't remember all that's in them.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/engines/junkers-ju-211-manual-6752.html

Also found this picture on the net that might help but and still looking. :)

Attachments

• Junkers_Jumo_211D_Engine.jpg
    Junkers_Jumo_211D_Engine.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 103
Looking good so far Paul.
As for teeth, there was a Tipsy Nipper at my local aero club, flown by a group of my friends (not all at the same time!) which had a 'shark mouth' painted on the nose. Every time it had a forced landing away from the 'field, they painted out one tooth!
Paul, there was a colour code on German engines for the various pipes and wires, and I think there's some info somewhere here on the forum. I have it in a book somewhere, but it will take some time to find.

Wow, seriously good info! Thanks!
I am not an "engine" guy, normally. I prefer cockpits and landing gear, but,
Here is what I have done so far,...

ju7.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back