**** DONE: 1/48 Ju87R-2 "Moshaisk" - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is the B-1 diagram showing the bottles;#9

andy.JPG

...perhaps the are the main bottles that would feed the two other bottles. :dontknow:

Geo

Last edited:
Thanks for that Geo. The #9 bottles make up the reservoir that feeds the two individual bottles with regulators and hoses. Looks similar to the set-up in the 109E.

I took a small break from the 109 to glue the wing halves together, making sure that I drilled out all the required locating holes from the inside first. As mentioned in pretty much every review on this kit, the clumsy, solid plastic flap actuators will need to be cut off and replaced with some scratch built ones that reflect the true delicate nature of these fittings. I should be able to do this without having to remove the flaps as there are some smaller attachment points that adequately represent the hinge points.

14082501.jpg
14082502.jpg

Did the with the actuators on my 87 many years back Andy, seem to remember it was not difficult.

Nah, piece of cake like Vic says. I'll likely not do it for a while though as they might be prone to damage. Need to get that cockpit done.

I returned to the cockpit tonight to prepare the MG17 drums. The Hasegawa kit provides two rather rudimentary looking parts that represent a total of 8 drums to be mounted on the rack on the starboard wall. Oddly, there are small tabs that seem to represent two mounting points for additional drums that were carried individually and on an angle but the single drums themselves were not provided. I decided to raid my Revell Do217 kit and stole two which were nicely detailed, though the leather straps were molded solid. Pictured below are, left to right, the Hasegawa drums as cut from the sprue, the identical part after I was let loose on it, and the single drum from the Revell kit.

14082801.jpg

The straps were cut from aluminum tape and the Hasegawa drums had the ridges scratched in with a sharp knife. Below are the finished parts installed and painted.

14082802.jpg

Not much but not bad for an hour's work.

EDIT: Just went back over my references which I didn't have handy when I did the above and will likely remount the two individual drums as it looks like I installed these incorrectly.

Last edited:
Lovely work there, Andy. How the hell do you do such delicate work on those small parts. Either my fingers are too fat or the parts ping out of the forceps and are digested by the carpet gods!

Thanks guys. Dale, I tend to use my fat fingers very rarely. Tweezers in one hand and a poker in another (scalpel, knife, pin, whatever). I've had my share of pings but one trick I've learned is to drape a cloth over my lap to prevent stuff from going to the floor. That's saved me a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back