**** DONE: 1/48 Ju87R-2 "Moshaisk" - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I'm having fun with this........for now. So while it's still fun, here's what I did tonight:

Painted the port wall and also showing a close-up of the scratch built throttle which is, well, OK. Looks a little rough in a close-up but it's better than the pice of crap that was there.

14090301.jpg

14090302.jpg

On the starboard wall, I made the gunner's oxygen tank. The tank is a piece of sprue (one can usually find a bullet shaped piece like this that needs no shaping), the gauge is a slice from plastic rod, the hose is a guitar string, and the cage is a PE oil cooler grill.

14090303.jpg

There were actually 2 bottles but I was able to determine, with some relief, that the pilot's bottle would be almost completely hidden by the seat so it will be there in spirit only. So with that, I'll glue the floor to the starboard wall, add a bit of cabling between the radios and junction boxes on the wall, and get the fuselage halves together this weekend. Time will be at a premium as I'm launching into a bathroom reno on Friday.

Nice work. I suggest you paint your bathroom RLM02 and don't forget to dry-brush the sink!

Excellent pit detail Andy. and good luck with the bathroom makeover. Is it a complete reno or just essentials.

Full gut Vic, including replacement of water lines to the source. The existing lines are some 30 year old plastic crap that's since been discovered to break without warning.

Thanks all for your comments and Simon, I think my wife might prefer a 70/71/65 scheme.

Starboard side of the gunner's position is finished. Some cables were added around the junction boxes, a scratch built map case was added below the radios, and the PE belts were installed.

14090801.jpg

Very nice. I couldn't imagine sitting on that seat during flight. Did they sit on their chutes to offer some sort of padding and was the seat on a swivel so that they could face the radio when using it?

Geo

With all the above. Really nice work there. I like the garbage can. It's good not to litter :p
And it really needs to be opened up so that work can be seen

With all the above. Really nice work there. I like the garbage can. It's good not to litter :p
And it really needs to be opened up so that work can be seen
I thought it was a laundry bin! :) The interior looks great! Will any of the canopies be left open to expose all that detail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back