**** DONE: 1/48 Junkers Ju 52/3M - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking real nice Vic what yellow did you use.

Thanks for looking in and for the kind words guys.

Where's the next amazing feat.....:D

Sorry Wayne but no more amazing feats unless getting the decals to sit in the corrugation will be counted, just mundane paint splashing for the moment.

That is a brilliant yellow Vic. Even though I undercoat with white, my yellows still look blaaaah. Fantastique job on the engines as well.
Geo
Looking real nice Vic what yellow did you use.

The yellow paint George and Jerry is RLM 04, it is a lovely deep rich yellow. It was also applied over an undercoat of Humbrol 69 Gloss Yellow, I would have normally used a cream undercoat but on opening the pot, it was as hard as rock.

Have applied the first run of underside blue RLM 65 and found a couple of flaws in the build, this is being sorted and I should get a second coat on by end of day.

Last edited:
The underside is done and is now protected by a couple of coats of a locally produced floor polish called 'Long Life'. Not as shiny as Future but still serves as a good paint protector. I'll give it a night to harden and the mask and plug holes ready for the two top colours.

20130421-1a.jpg

20130421-1b.jpg

Thanks guys.

Latest update, spraying finished, just need to do a little touch up here and there and give it an overcoat of floor polish to protect the paint work. I was a little worried about paint run under the corrugation, but by tucking the tape into each groove seems to have prevented this problem.

Now do I start decaling before fixing the wings. I was thinking when fully made up this is one monster machine and doing some of the main decals before final construction would be a good move.

Your thoughts gents!

20130424-1a.jpg

20130424-1b.jpg

20130424-1c.jpg

20130424-1d.jpg

Yep, and a big bitch better be decalled before she can fight back!
Looks like you're gonna be putting 220 volts to her by the size of the wiring. Could use the wire from a phone charger on it.

Doin a cracker job on it mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back