**** DONE: 1/48 Lockheed Ventura - Heavy Hitters II GB

fubar57

General
37,478
27,229
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Location
The Jungles of Canada
User Name: fubar57
First Name: George
Category: Intermediate
Manufacturer: Revell
Model: 1/48 Lockheed Ventura Pv-1
Add-ons: Maybe some wire and plastic, decals

Although there are decals for an RCAF aircraft stationed in Prince Rupert, B.C., I'm going to model this one that was stationed in Pat Bay, B.C. on Vancouver Island

whitercaf3.jpg


019.JPG
020.JPG
022.JPG
023.JPG
024.JPG


The parts look really nice and all the reviews I've read have been promising. I'm really hoping to keep the putty away from this build. Not much will get done this month, going to camp today and when I get off, it's a 2100km round trip to move my daughter back to Mackenzie.

Geo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Plus Canadian Decals"!
So, they're extra polite?
 
Often been tempted with this one George especially for an Aussie build, but I figure I've enough lumbering giants in my collection.
 
Great choice Geo!
 
Ahoy George
A great choice my man you will like this kit it makes a great model when done I done one of these all I can say it stay away from the octopus decal with aftermarket parts you can spruce this build up very well.

Boats
 
not a plane i know much about so will be interesting to watch
 
Back from camp and off to P.G. today; a) to pick up for the TSS scheme which I have read on-line, was applied to the aircraft, b) buy a new car. The company have arranged with the Ford dealer to give us a 15% discount on new cars. Good to see you back again Boats. Your build inspired me to buy the kit. Jan, I haven't seen this posted anywhere in your 13's....thread and it may throw a kink into your "must build everything numbered 13 quest" but as you have noticed, this aircraft will have the code letter "M", the 13th letter. Probably no build this week as I fly to Victoria on Friday and move the daughter and her boyfriend to Mackenzie. The wife is ecstatic, she's about to be a first time grandma, I'm confused, about to be a grandpa. Suddenly old.

Geo
 
Good luck with the shopping and moving George and being a Grandad is like getting a second life, the best part being that when you have run out of the second wind with the grand children, you can return them to mum and dad.
 
Good luck with the shopping and moving George and being a Grandad is like getting a second life, the best part being that when you have run out of the second wind with the grand children, you can return them to mum and dad.
Yeah, the great thing about grandkids is you can pack them with candy and send them home!
 
The great thing about grand kids is, I haven't got any - yet!

I've got a couple of spares over your way…………………interested!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back