<-- **** DONE: 1:48 Lockheed Ventura II - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Question.

On the underside of the nose area of the aircraft there is a series of three formation(?) lights. These lights are in a single line. From front to rear what colours are they?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

It's looking good Jeff - the green on the wings looks rather narrow though, compared to the average twin-engine aircraft pattern.
The I.D. in general were red. amber, green (or blue), although Wojtek's pic suggests (from the front) blue, red, green (possibly amber, as the shade is odd).

It's looking good Jeff - the green on the wings looks rather narrow though, compared to the average twin-engine aircraft pattern.
The I.D. in general were red. amber, green (or blue), although Wojtek's pic suggests (from the front) blue, red, green (possibly amber, as the shade is odd).
I thought the green was a bit thin too but I followed the painting guide as per the instructions that came with the kit. I know that the kit instruction leave a bit to be desired some of the time but I am thinking I will leave well enough alone.

I will go with the blue/red/green as per the photo supplied, not that many folks are going to see it anyhow!

Thanks guys.

Jeff

I found these two pics and enlarged them a little bit... these seem to be closer to that what Terry said. Although the Red one is the first the location of the second and the third light look like being swapped.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

If you decide to increase the area of the Dark Green, Jeff, then it should look more like the Mosquito pattern shown below.
The basic camouflage pattern was the same on the various aircraft, just adjusted in area for the dimensions of the type in question, and painted in mirror image, depending on the colours involved.
Where the lighter areas of Ocean Grey are shown on the drawing, would be Dark Green on the Ventura.

Mosquito PR.IX build 146.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back