<-- **** DONE: 1:48 Lockheed Ventura II - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tail unit is complete and will be set aside until required.

17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff,

Your pictures remind me of an actual production line, where some parts are painted before assembly. Beautiful work.
Thanks, I am having some fun building this ungainly lady and I am getting excited about finishing her. I have to tell myself to be patient and not to rush as that is when mistakes happen.

Here is where I am at the end of today. I have started masking the lower rear gun position and once I finish that I will tackle the top turret. Masking that monstrosity will be time consuming but I am looking forward to the challenge.

The cockpit canopy is glued into place, the nose not so but will be white glued shortly as I will need to remove it after painting in order to put the machine guns into place. Same will happen with the lower gun position.

26.JPG
27.JPG
28.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Good stuff Jeff.
Rather than remove the nose and belly transparencies, would it not be possible to install the guns without the barrels (cut off leaving a couple of mm to fit into the locating holes, just protruding outside), and the fit the barrels, from the outside, after painting the model ?
That's the way I normally do it, when possible.

With bad weather and being on holidays, I have had lots of time to devote to this project. This will be the last update of today as I have put in enough time at the workbench for 1 day. Overall coat of brown has gone on. I will let it dry overnight and the plan is to tackle the green tomorrow.

IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back