**** DONE: 1/48 Me 262A-1a - Me/ Fw Group Build. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking again, wondering if the tail was painted a darker colour to see the strings clearer...
Andy may unfortunately be right in that the strings were just on one side too - the airflow effects would probably be the same for both tailplanes, so not really much point applying strings to both..? (Hope I'm wrong for your sake Vic! :) )

Attachments

• Me 262 Franklin Mint.jpg
    Me 262 Franklin Mint.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 104
Looking again, wondering if the tail was painted a darker colour to see the strings clearer...
Andy may unfortunately be right in that the strings were just on one side too - the airflow effects would probably be the same for both tailplanes, so not really much point applying strings to both..? (Hope I'm wrong for your sake Vic! :) )

Thanks Even :( I recon this debate will roll on forever until someone eventually comes up with a picture to prove one way or another how both sides of the tail unit look. I can always live in hope. :p

I fear we will never know unless another pic shows up somewhere. Carry on Vic!

I'm going with my gut feeling Andy, particularly as I have no desire to fill in half of those empty holes on the (now let me get this right) PORT side. :p :p

For what it's worth, the Franklin Mint came out with a metal model of it, here is the link:

It kinda explains the tail in one of the pics, and if correct the strings were on both sides.

Thanks David, any support, EVEN 'Franklin Mint' will help....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok folks, it's the end of the month has gone so it's time to sort out all the little tail holes.

Only four of you had a go but none were on the button. The counts were as follows:
Terry (Airframes)...........278
Even (A4K)...................317
Cory (Catch22)..............320
Andy (Crimea River).......368

The number of holes I drilled.............313, so Even you were only 6 out and in my book that's pretty damn close. Well done my man, I'll PM you for some details. :p :p

Last edited:
It's probably safer to ignore the colors the Franklin Mint used, but go with the what's black vs what's camouflaged since at least to me it agrees with the real pics posted.

Im gonna guess 313 :lol:

Nice one Harrison, better late than never!!!! :p :p

Very cool Vic!Now let's see some building :thumbright:

Kick started myself into gear today Kevin and started on the instrument panel, should have some pics tomorrow. :oops: :oops:

If we went with Franklin Mint's depiction, then we'd have to go against all conventional wisdom on the camo colours as well
It's probably safer to ignore the colors the Franklin Mint used, but go with the what's black vs what's camouflaged since at least to me it agrees with the real pics posted.

No worries Andy and David, would never take Franklin Mint at face value in any circumstance and in this one, they are certainly way off beam with the camo colour. :) :)

Managed to get into the swing today and here a few pics of progress this last couple of days.

I decided to take a series of shots showing the transformation of the cockpit instrument panel, thanks to the help of Eduards.

110703-1A.jpg

The panel face as it comes with the kit.

110703-1B.jpg

All detail and a couple of bits has been removed.

110703-1C.jpg

This is the rear of the panel showing the instrument casings. The larger ones have been drilled so that cables can be included in the build and a little more realism added.

110703-1D.jpg

Next up we have the first layer of the instrument etched detail positioned.

110703-1E.jpg

Now the second layer.

110703-1F.jpg

Followed by the third layer complete with knobs and leavers and the dials glazed.

110703-1G.jpg

Here we have the rear of the panel complete with cables.

Now to start on the pilots tube.

Great work Vic - really looking the business!

Thanks in advance for the prize too! (Lucky for me Harrison didn't get his guess in first, eh?! :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back