**** DONE: 1/48 Me 262A-1a - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks again for the kind words gentlemen.

What you see in today cockpit pics is the culmination of three days graft and about 70 individual pieces, most etched. However, it is done with the exception of the gun sight which is primed and ready to fit.

110706-1A.jpg

110706-1B.jpg

110706-1C.jpg

110706-1D.jpg

110706-1E.jpg

110706-1F.jpg

Next up we have the fuselage side walls which would only be seen through the wheel bay if the machine came to rest upside down. Which leads to the question "Is it worth it." Part of me, the sucker for punishment says, bugger it, let's go for it and the other half says "Na, not worth it." Maybe I'll work on the gun bay while I ponder.

110706-1G.jpg

110706-1H.jpg

Last edited:
My thanks to you gentlemen, as always your comments are much appreciated.

110709-1A.jpg

110709-1B.jpg

So putting the pondering aside, I decided to add just a little to the fuselage walls. Mostly etched detail which can be seen if you crawl under the model or have a mirror. :lol: :lol: :lol:

110709-1c.jpg

Having got those out of the way, today I made up the forward gun bay as I'm planning on having this open to view with one of the gun breaches open.

110709-1D.jpg

With this done, it was time to stick everything together, easier said than done. Took about an hour with a few upsets along the way.

Next up is to clean up the seams and work on a bit of panel line rectification before doing some magic (I hope) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: on the wheel bays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back