**** DONE: 1/48 Me262B-1a/U1 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! As you can also see in the nose gear pic, I've added some additional weight as well.

I visited the USS Midway over the weekend with my daughter... first time on an aircraft carrier!

JTK_7322_zpsobyw1nh4.jpg

Cool trip there John, my kids won't go with me to the Battle ship or any other military museums anymore. They say they thought they grew up in them.

Closing up more hatches.
IMG_8670_zpslxjgauk8.jpg

IMG_8671_zpsvogswhtf.jpg

Engine parts were painted using a mix of Alclad metallic shades.
IMG_8672_zpsxtcwjyj6.jpg

Engine nacelles are going to be cleaned up and re-scribed before they are mounted to the wings.
IMG_8679_zpsuqjj8vcp.jpg

Wheels have been painted gloss black and will need to be sealed with a flat coat. I'll probably look at putting a lighter pastel wash on these to dirty them up.
IMG_8674_zpsl0bde7b8.jpg

Some wiring started in the wheel wells. Looks like a hair perm gone bad.
IMG_8675_zpsm1nsqz9f.jpg

The wiring is laid down strand by strand to a more organized layout. I can't finish this until the fuselage halves go together because some of the wires will terminate on the outside of the cockpit tub.
IMG_8680_zpsmt85iahf.jpg

The fuselage is glued together trapping the nose wheel well and cockpit tube in between the halves. I removed the nose landing gear since I was afraid the struts would be damaged by the gluing/sanding that's going to have to occur. Note the absence of the nose guns. I've elected to leave them off since they will not be visible.
IMG_8681_zpsqsb4dagr.jpg

Very nice additions John, the 262 aircraft model is certainly one that lays itself open for detailing.

Can I ask what paint and colour you used for the tyre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back