**** DONE: 1/48 METEOR F.3 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wings are on and innards painted.

001.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys. Funny thing Karl, the issues I had with the wing fillets and tail cone are none existent here. However, where the cockpit decking snapped in smoothly during the test fit and I had to pry it loose, on the F.3 some work will be needed.

Geo

Thank you gentlemen. I was going to leave an engine cover open and detail an engine but couldn't find some decent photos of a Derwent I engine. I painted one any way. With the cover on, it will be all but invisible.

a.jpg

Geo

Thanks guys. I really wanted to add detail to it Vic but slapping bits to it willy-nilly isn't right. The main parts are on and this one will require a bit of putty, more than likely not the kits fault but for the life of me, I couldn't get the nacelle fronts to square up.

001.JPG

The always handy "Walmsley Associates" card reduces the larger of the gaps.

002.JPG

Landing gear and exhaust tubes, the tubes only function is to hold the exhaust tip...

003.JPG

...the one on the right. However, it was used in conjunction with the Rolls-Royce Welland turbojet engines which were used in the F.1 and the first 15 F.3s. My bird used the Derwent engine and shorter tip.

005.JPG

One thing that puzzles me is the air scoop on the left. It's included in the F.1 kit as well but neither instruction sheet shows it as used. The F.3 kit is for the early F.3s so perhaps the later ones used them. If anyone has some info about when they were used and located it would be greatly appreciated. Having said that, my weekend is done, camp bus in 1½hrs. Have a good week gentlemen!

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back