**** DONE: 1/48 METEOR F.3 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dang, silly me, I missed this build because you just finished a Meteor. I thought this was that and that was this but this is this and that is that. Seems you liked that Tamiya kit, careful you'll lose all thos hard earned modeling skills working on kits that go together without a fuss.

Ps look really good.

Thanks guys. In debations whether to do a 3rd GB, Don. It'll either be an F-86(Academy) or F-104 RCAF bird(Revell or Hasegawa) or if I can find a photo, a U.S. F-86 flown by RCAF pilots who shot down Migs during the Korean war. Anyhoo....top coats are on, touch-ups to follow.

Geo

Thanks to all. Main decals are on, "No Walk" decals and some stencils, the fiddly bits and done.

Might be a little hard pressed to get this finished by tomorrow but I'll give it a shot.

Geo

Thank you sir. I didn't realize this build ended in Sept. so I won't push it. In the meantime, I'm considering doing this one as another GB...

For whatever reason, two sets of decals were included, one stuck to the title card. As you can see, some of the black is removed, so what I'll do is do the starboard side first and if there is bleed through, I'll use the damaged side on the left first. I have read a review that said Leading Edge guarantees no bleed through. Having said that, has anyone tried to access Leading Edge's site lately? It seems to be limited. I have 2 Revell kits, one with bright yellow sprues and a Hasegawa kit, which I'll probably use for a silver RCAF bird.

Geo

Last edited:
Good stuff George. Definitely use the Hasegawa kit for the NMF CF-104 - fit and seams on the Revell kit aren't brilliant, and need work to make them 'clean' enough for a metal finish.

Thanks guys and Terry, IF I decide to do a 3rd GB, It'll be the Revell kit that isn't screaming bloody yellow at me. The last of the decals are on and I'll seal it all up when I get out of camp next Tuesday night. While cutting decals from the sheet, there were two dark rectangles that I couldn't find on the instruction sheet. It seems all this time I never noticed another paint option on another page, a camo bird with temporary white paint. The scheme was created so that allies could distinguish the Meteor from the German jets. The 2 rectangles are where the serial numbers are located, these areas masked off when the aircraft was painted white. The colors are very close though my Dk. Green is lighter. As my first choice in modeling is to try and do things RCAFy, this oddball scheme may have made this build a little tougher choice had I noticed this scheme right away.

My weekend is done for another week, camp bus in 2½hrs. Have a good week gentlemen.

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread