**** DONE: 1/48 OS2U-3 Kingfisher - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well thank God and Dremel, a bit (LOT of Super glue) and a bad work (or 100000) and she is starting to take on the shape of a King fisher.

Attachments

• kf10.JPG
    kf10.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 103
  • kf11.JPG
    kf11.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 107
  • kf12.JPG
    kf12.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 91
  • kf13.JPG
    kf13.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 114
  • kf14.JPG
    kf14.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 87
This build calls for a war bird as I understand it. The yellow wing went out just before the war. I was originally going to do the yellow but it was my understanding this would have to be in WW II colors.a nd they would be a two or three tone Blue grey. Now that being said if the judges say other wise we could still be in war years but now US entry.

Last edited:
WW II ran for Sep '39 - '45 while the US involvement (direct) was from Dec 41 - Sep 45. The USN went from the yellow wing paint in 40-41. Question begs if this would be called a WW II aircraft. Neutrality patrols were flown in the Yellow wing configuration with the US Start on the forward cowl.

Last edited:
I wish it would have been discussed in the first place. I did not think and did not ask and after thought make it mut and too late. To do a yellow wing, the interior id bare metal. I have already painted and mounted the interior and that is in dark green. So it is no longer an option. Looks like I'll be trying this instead from Dana Bell's excellent book on the Kingfisher.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back