**** DONE: 1/48 OS2U-3 Kingfisher - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well getting some interior paint done here. I am please.
KF5.JPG

Yep.. it does look like it was there. However there is another question if it was of glass or armour/duraluminium plate. Here is my attempt to the bulkhead.

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

ALso two shots of my recent work to the fuselage interior if you would be interested in.

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0549.jpg

Last edited:
Well, As I am not Wurger and I am using a resin ket someone else came up with lets get back to my build, PS (BTW, Wurger, DAMN NICE WORK), the kit instruction called for a cutout on the wing spar to make the resin cockpit work.

KF3.JPG

With this kit Monogram designed it so that the fuselage hales would fir the pre built wings. So the wing is assembled and then the right side of the wing slips through the right fuselage and the left fuselage. The Resin seems to be designed to do this same thing but is is not overly conveniont for this to happen, (in my lacking humble opinion.) I had to do a bit more surgery to the wings to make them fit due to the resin.

kf6_4.JPG

cutting the tabs that hold to the inside of the fuselage

kf6_2.JPG

and then triming a bit more then the kit called for

kf6_3.JPG

and I cut the spare to be replaced at fuselage build.

kf6.JPG

I hope I have not shot myself in the foot but that's my best input of the build.

kf7.JPG

KF8.JPG

KF9.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome so far Dan! Looks like it's getting near to being completed! That cockpit green kind of reminds me of a broken Beechcraft Bonanza that my cousin gave me when I was 5 (I believe it was the Minicraft 1/48) that I colored with a dark green crayon. It ended up looking just like that color you used. Also Wurger I couldn't replicate your work if I tried. That's quality scratchbuilding if I've ever seen it! Looking forward to seeing yours finished too. :D

No problem Wurger! Hoping I'll be able to enter in to the GB! Does anyone know when it ends? I believe it ends in august but I legitimately don't know when it does. Can't wait to start on it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back