**** DONE: 1/48 P-51D - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's a more comprehensive diagram - sorry for the poor quality. I have a better copy somewhere, probably on my external HD, but I can't locate it at the moment.

Mustang wing paint.jpg

I would say I had posted a couple of pics referring to the finishing of the P-51 wing. If not here I found via the net...

p-51-wingfinish.jpg

p-51-wingfinish2.jpg

p-51-wingfinish1.jpg

p-51-wingfinish3.jpg

p-51-wingfinish4.jpg

Thank you gentlemen, Great photos Wojack and nice template Terry.

Here's a more comprehensive diagram - sorry for the poor quality. I have a better copy somewhere, probably on my external HD, but I can't locate it at the moment.

Terry, I cannot read the color chips in your diagram, can you please identify the different colorings (Green and Yellow in particular.)

The light blue areas - Two coats of filling sprayed on, polished to obtain a perfect smooth surface, so the rivets were not visible, airbrushed with a silver paint.

The green areas - One coat of filling sprayed on, polished to obtain a perfect smooth surface, so the rivets were not visible, airbrushed with a silver paint.

The yellow areas - The silver paint only.

The white areas - unpainted ones ( NMF)

Note.. from D-5 to D-15 the canvas cover of elevators silver painted while from D-20 to D-30 metal covered ones stayed unpainted.

Thanks Wojtek - saved me having to translate the poor text, or find the better quality drawing.
Note the notation regarding the nose intake reads 'Cast Dural', so yet another metal tone if un-painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back