**** DONE: 1/48 P-51D "Petie 2nd" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff so far. But i also agree with Wojtek - for a bare metal, or metallic paint finish, all major components, such as intakes, wings etc, anything with a joint, should be attached before painting. Any flaws in the joints will show up like a dog's dangly things under metallic paint or foil/, fitting them first ensures the joints can be treated as required, then paint.

Good stuff so far. But i also agree with Wojtek - for a bare metal, or metallic paint finish, all major components, such as intakes, wings etc, anything with a joint, should be attached before painting. Any flaws in the joints will show up like a dog's dangly things under metallic paint or foil/, fitting them first ensures the joints can be treated as required, then paint.
Sometimes I enjoy a few adult beverages,...not good for the memory...remind me to tell you the story of the corsair that got glued up without the cockpit inside!

The last Tamiya kit I built was their He. 162. I was very impressed with the fit of everything, and so far I have been with this one as well.
Gentlemen, I give you a wing, before putty and paint.

p-51 wing1.jpg

Looks great :D Yeah Tamiya has excellent fit on most of their kits, I wish the other companies had it that well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back