**** DONE: 1/48 P-51D " TUSKEGEE AIRMEN "- Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's looking the dog's whatsits!
Just a thought, but maybe give the red areas a coat of semi-matt clear, just to add a slight sheen. Nearly all period photos suggest the paint used here (and in other units) wasn't full matt.
As for decal solutions, I've tried most, and stick with the original - Micro Sol and Micro Set, although I think there is little difference between the two, so I generally only use the 'Sol'. Works well for me, and has done for the past 30+ years.

She Turned out great :D

Yeah Micro Sol and Set are good, just depends on the decals since some older ones and older Japanese decals don't like it too much :(

Thanks guys. I stopped by the LHS and picked up some microsol it works much better than walthers solvaset. Thanks Terry for the input on the sheen of the red i will try a satin gloss.

It seems to be pertty hot for these decals Wayne i would be more than happy to send you some.

Can't understand why as it is only a water based floor polish with minimal ammonia and styrene in it.
The state of things here is such that even questioning their wisdom gets one "on the list" so to speak.
No hi-jack here, I still think that red makes that P-51 look HOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back