**** DONE: 1/48 Republic F-84E Thunderjet – The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work on the wheel wells. I don't like ring-shaped parts because the joint is always so difficult to get right.

P7171419.JPG
I put the lenses on the fuel tanks adding red and green paint inside for the nav lights on the tip tanks. They needed to be filed to make a flush fit, then poloshed back to clarity. What I thought was going to be a quick 15 min job turned into well over an hour.

Work has been very busy lately so this build hasn't been moving along very fast, but next week I go in fof a hernia operation and will be taking 3 weeks off of work for recovery. I should be able to get a bit more modeling time in during that time off.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I figure first week, laying around the house in pain on some good meds. Second week, a lot of time at the modeling bench. Third week sitting by the lake with a beer in my hand. :lol:
Unfortunately the fourth week is back to work. :(

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I figure first week, laying around the house in pain on some good meds. Second week, a lot of time at the modeling bench. Third week sitting by the lake with a beer in my hand. :lol:
Unfortunately the fourth week is back to work. :(

Or.

Third week wife sees you feeling better, gives list of jobs to be completed !

P7201421.JPG
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys.

I put the wings and tail on last night and the fit was very good and will need no filler at all.

I the background is the old F-102 from the Delta group build that I pulled off the shelf of doom and started messing with last night' The renewed interest is thanks to Don (Donivanp) who was kind enough to send me some extra canopy parts he had. Maybe I can finally finish it now with all this extra spare tiMe I will be having.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back