**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vc - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Geo. PE is the simple self adhesive Eduard set so I can't really take much credit for it, lots more fiddly bits need attaching to though, so I've a'way's to go yet.

Didn't even know Spits were in the Pacific. Learn something every day. Looking forward to it Vic

Did this one in GB8 Mike. A sister ship to this one Vic is building, same Sqn. Smith was from Manly on the North side of Sydney Harbour. Flew to Ace status in the ETO, transferred with his Sqn to Darwin after the attack. Lost on a mission where 12 were lost in one day, "the Day Spitfires Fell from the Sky" He is depicted as the lead plane in a print by Robert Taylor called "Spitfires Over Darwin", the inspiration for my build.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/8-...trop-d-no-452-sqn-defending-darwin-28254.html

Thanks guys, glad you looked in. Missed yesterday, SWMBO suggested we go visiting interstate and within half an hour we were on the road and didn't get home till late. Anyway I managed to make a bit more progress today as well as have a couple of ping sessions, one ping is still scuttling around somewhere in cyberspace. I'd no hope of finding it as it was hard enough o see under my magnifier.

Worked on the back end of the cockpit first, making the bulkhead and seat housing. The seat by the way is only balanced, apart from painting, there are the seatbelts to be fitted yet.

20140212 - 1a.jpg

20140212 - 1b.jpg

Here is the resin joy stick and I've more bits to add yet.

20140212 - 1c.jpg

Did a bit more to the IP adding compass and a couple of levers, bit more to come on that as well.

20140212 - 1d.jpg

Lastly the floor area and the rudder control and rods. mostly resin and a bit of scratch where bits got busted or pinged.

20140212 - 1e.jpg

Vic, really nice detail work, going to be a great build.
Bill, all news to me, no excuse, but I think most Americans think of the Pacific as an American war. I should know better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back