**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vc - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks a bunch guys. Hope to do some wing work this arvo, but currently being summoned to do little chores (it's house work day) while I try to catch up with you guys.

PS. Thanks also for the lowdown on that pesky panel.

Lovely cockpit there, Vic. I have had kits in the past, that when I look at what was designed and how poorly they fit, that I just sit back and grumble and mumble and mutter naughty things under my breath.

Last edited:
Looks the biz Vic. But I hope you didn't put CO2 in the tank or you'll kill your pilot!

Its the brain and the fingers, they don't work together and my eyesight is not a good mediator!

fart.gif

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen, most appreciated.

I've been pressing on at a very slow pace today, after the rains of earlier this week I'm afraid for me the hay fever sets in and drains the energy out of me. Anyway as things go I've started on the wings the first part being to find the right cover for the 20mm cannon access hatch.

20140221 - 1a.jpg

The model I'm doing has a Type 'C' wing with just the one cannon on the inboard side, the outlet for the other being blanked off. The kit provided a choice of 4 bubble covers, finding reference to the right one took time. Fitting was also bad and needed some work finishing of adding panel lines and screws

20140221 - 1b.jpg

I then tackled the wheel wells, a lick of paint on all the parts (some not shown) and they'll be ready for assembly tomorrow.

20140221 - 1f.jpg

20140221 - 1e.jpg

I also did a quick test fit of wing parts to main body. Not to bad but some work going to be needed here.

20140221 - 1c.jpg

One of the problems I've found with this kit is that the moulds are not crisp and the plastic gives the appearance of being very sort, but be warned, it's brittle and will snap easy. I've also found that the housing pins are not aligned very well, it's a sort of hit and miss affair, some align, some don't. None of these though are big issues and are easily surmountable, so don't let me put you off purchasing Special Hobby kits.

20140221 - 1d.jpg

Last edited:
cut, sanded, filled in and re-sanding,

anything that is problematic for taking your hands buddy.
great detail you have given him as always looking for more accurate replica possible.

well-done

As always, thanks for the input guys, I'm hoping to get the wings sorted in the next couple of days. I'm not worried about the gap, I think the dihedral will sort that, it's just getting it even on both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back