**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vc - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good work Vic. The end of the harness that's sticking up needs to feed through the armour plate under the headrest. It then connects to a reel with two cables toward the back of the aircraft.

Gotcha! Gonna do the O2 tank or no?

I take it your referring to this piece of equipment Andy. If so, it wasn't on the schedule………………..but then again!!

20140218 - 1a.jpg

Nice work Vic. Is that a cushion in the seat pan?
It was normally empty, waiting to accept the seat-type parachute, although 'Erks' often bunged in a rolled up tarp or other padding, if they needed to sit in it to taxi or do engine tests etc.

Once again guys, thanks for looking in and for the kind words.

I finally finished fiddling with the cockpit area today, adding the harness and restraining wires. I also added the small Co.2 bottle that Andy mentioned, but of course, now she is closed up you won't see in these pic I put up.

20140219 - 1a.jpg

20140219 - 1b.jpg

20140219 - 1c.jpg

So the two halves are joined with a couple of minor fit problems, the one close to the gunsight could be partly my doing with all the extras within the cockpit. But the nose one like a couple of other places is not nice and snug.

20140219 - 1d.jpg

For the life of me I don't understand why Special Hobbies have done this but on the underside they have left a elongated hole that I assume follows the panel lines of the real aircraft, and have provided the kit with a very ill fitting panel to fill it. There is nothing of significance in the area apart from the battery who's access is from a side panel and then the control rods/cables, so the reasoning mystifies me.

20140219 - 1e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back