**** DONE: 1/48 Vought F-8E Crusader VF-211 "Checkmates" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rain again, but it really didn't matter because there was work on the canopy to be done. The wing locks have been added, and now I have to decide how to paint this beast. Probably will do the whole thing in white and then mask for the grey.

f829.jpg

f828.jpg

Time to construct a drying rack near the fire place.

You're doin a bang-up job on both of these Paul....

Looking good Paul, and is your rain the wet, wet rain, or just the wet rain? We've got the very wet, wet rain!
It's kind of hard to tell, when it stops coming down wet, it just hangs about in a fog. We have not gone 24 hrs without rain since May

That there bird of yours is looking a treat Paul, as for the rain……………well we're always kind of glad to see it here, it being a drought country and all. Were getting our good share at the moment, but not in torrents, it just sort of almost wet, raining but not raining and not a mist, if you know what I mean.

The stovepipe gets wings!
And the painting mishaps go on...
Some bleed-under, and some paint pulled up off the windscreen, nothing serious, just annoying.

f832.jpg

Just a tip on them pulled up paint parts. Use the finest brush you have, thin the paint more than usual, and put down the smallest dots to fill the holes. more accurate then a brush stroke.

I used to do screenprinting for a sign company. We did the little legends for new home developments on all sorts of substrates. When a paragraph had a couple of letters with gaps they would wash the whole thing off and print again. Often the stencil on the screen was wasted and we had to burn a new one, hours of work. When I came on board I would do the method above. Ten minutes and it was done. They werre agog! try it, just remember not a stroke, but a series of dots to fill.

Cheers matey..... keep dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back