**** DONE: 1/48 Vought F-8E Crusader VF-211 "Checkmates" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Paul, and I agree with Bill. I used to be in the graphics business, and what Bill describes is what was known as 're-spotting' - in my case, extremely small dots on large film negatives, with maybe a 200 dpi screen half tone picture. It certainly works.

Thanks Bill, I have done some "dot" work on her, picts of that later. Here are the front thingies installed.
More as I get it done tonite!

f833.jpg

Not sure what it is,... I went to my new neighbours last night, had a fine time, what I can remember of it.
Anyways, progress pictures on the way!

Thanks guys!
I found a picture of #149146 upon return to the U.S. after the '67 cruise. I realize that the wing arrangement, (raised, dropped flaps and tips folded) is not right. I have not found any picts of F-8's with all these at once, but I am showing off all the features, so...
f834.jpg

Show them Checkmates off :D Were all of age, right ? *wink wink Can't wait for a splash of paint

good as you take it and, luckily no photos esperates engine promised you, I have been unable these weeks have been crazy at work, but is no excuse for not having placed, but this was my life, shower, dinner and bed, early start and work, shower, dinner and bed, so for 20 days, I lost 6 pounds in weight.
sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back