**** DONE: 1/72 B-24H “Booby Trap” - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is cool Glenn :thumbright: I was thinking to myself didn't Glenn's Dad fly on these? Said to meself go back to the start of the thread sure enough.Now I love the artwork Glenn and like to be in that trap.:)

Thanks guys. Good to see you back Kevin, and yes, this one is kinda special to me.

After a little break I managed to get the fuselage sides glued up. Went pretty good with a decent fit except for this awful joint on the top of the nose. Looks like the right hand side was warped down a bit, but I had locked it in when glueing all that lead in front of the control panel and I couldn't get it to bend up. Oh well, a lot of filling and sanding I guess.

P6250121.JPG
P6250122.JPG

Last edited:
Oh my………….that is a nasty ridge Glen and it looks to be quite a thick plastic as well. Can I suggest laying and gluing a sliver of white plastic strip against the ridge and filing/scraping that back rather than trying to fill.

Lookin good Glenn.

Glad to see the diagonal join at the cockpit went so clean compared to mine which really sucked.

Good advice about the joint guys, I'll give it a try. That diagonal joint isn't perfect Bill, but won't need too much work to make good. I took a lot of time making sure it lined up when I put it together. Your kit looked like the same moldings, but much rougher. That could account for the difference. I know when I made this kit years back it lined up much better.

I maybe would have taken off and forced the lowest part this up so they are facing both parties, but for this we need to know if you are in the right position or otherwise falls domed and gives problems elsewhere.

anyway this great as says wotjek some putty and sanding and is perfect

I maybe would have taken off and forced the lowest part this up so they are facing both parties......
Tried that Sergio but it was locked in by the lead weight I glued on the underside top of the nose in front of the control panel. It will take a little work with a file but it should turn out ok.

Oh man them loe spots are the living sh!ts to deal with. It's risky using my red Bondo for heavy filling cuz it gets warm and can soften the hit plastic. So deep stuff like that is best to rill in the center with strips, the fill the edges with bondo or putty.

You'll be right tho. Fill the little dips with putty when you get thru filing it all down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back