**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GD canopy.........
my plane is to put the tape on the framing, then tape over and cut the the panel shapes cuz it's just to difficult to see the framing on these vacuum formed things. I'd end up with cut marks all over it.

But then when I began handling it............ the glue came out of the joins like a bad calking job....... I've spent most of the day super gluing it all back on little sections at a time. Then filling the cracks with SG. What a pain in the royal a$$!!!!!!! Or is it a Royal pain in the... whatevvah! My choppers never gave me this much grief.

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 32.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 32.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 85
Thank you Charles, glad to see you online. Hope all went well and easy this morning.........

I've finished cutting the canopy masks. I'll just have to become a little more proficient at cutting with my Scalpel!!!!!!!
But it worked okay. so now I'm not so afraid of not finding commercial masks!

I'm off to the IPMSA meeting today, maybe start to paint tomorrow or Monday. Only 8 days left, H.S.!

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 33a.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 33a.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 78
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 33b.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 33b.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 77
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 33c.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 33c.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 81
Tomorrow some colour!!!!!!!!

Finally got the wings on, just have to finish sand the join of the wing and the fusey... then psst psst psst psst psst psst psst psst!

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 34.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 34.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back