**** DONE: 1/72 Blenheim Mk.IV - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

very methodical and precise extraordinary work bill

I've gotta git krakkin on this thing....... commited to finishing all the corrections tho, and opening the bomb bay could have been my downfall.

Horiz stabs sure do have an ugly join............... filing, filling and sanding....... TIME
And because I did open the bay, the sides fit is crapolla. I have to get the far side to sit down to be flush with the near, and then fill the bl00dy gap...... more TIME

14 days left and This one I do want to finish!!!

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 27c.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 27c.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 67
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 27b.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 27b.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 80
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 27a.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 27a.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 82
I'm starting my deep breathing exercises earlier than I had hoped......

It's coming along okay tho, glad I got that new Tamiya round file, just the right size and just the right grit. It's done a bang up job on the fairing radius for the horz stabs.

Just a lot of filling and sanding on the seams in the fuselage. More then I had hoped. And I'm taking the rivets off, not at this scale. If a riet poked up 1mm in real life, it would be .01388888888888mm high at this scale! So they are outta here.

I sailor on. Fitting the front glass at the nose will be fun.

Well....... after about three hours, It's my first use of vac form canopy, I finally have it fit! It's tedious and I have attempted before and split it. And... I have never attached one, so this should be interesting!!!!!!!!

Finished blending the tail in as well. So I am getting there.

Painting and finishing may be in sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 28b.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 28b.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 70
  • GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 28a.jpg
    GB18 Dvdsn Blenhm 28a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 74
I agree, very nicely done.
The joint of the vac-form canopy can be sealed with PVA or Krystal Klear, to blend it into the fuselage. This can be done before and after painting the model, retouching as required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back