**** DONE: 1/72 Bf 109E4 - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: Sergio
Category: intermeadilly
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Airfix #A01008
Model Type: messerschmitt Bf 109 E4
accesory: none

art-box:

me%20109%20e4008_zpsyom0pjrf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My subject is a:

bf109e10.jpg

schmidt.jpg

Erich "Schmidtchen" Schmidt was born on 17 November 1914 at Neuhaus am Rennweg in the Sonneberg region of Thüringen.Schmidt was posted to JG 53 at the beginning of 1940. Leutnant Schmidt was assigned to 9./JG 53. He recorded his first victory on 12 August 1940 when he claimed a RAF Spitfire fighter shot down over the Isle of Wight. By the end of the aerial offensive against England, Schmidt had accumulated 17 victories, including three Spitfires shot down on 15 September to record his fifth through seventh victories.Operating over the Eastern front, Schmidt was to be particularly successful. On the opening day of Operation Barbarossa, 22 June 1941, Schmidt shot down four Russian aircraft (18-21). He recorded his 30th victory on 4 July when he shot a Russian I-16 fighter. Leutnant Schmidt was awarded the Ritterkreuz on 23 July by Oberst Werner Mölders (115 victories, RK-Br, killed in action 22 November 1941) for 30 victories.
On 31 August 1941, Schmidt's Bf 109 F-2 (W.Nr. 12 633) "Yellow 6" was hit by flak. He was seen to bale out of his stricken machine but has remained missing ever since.
"Schmidtchen" Schmidt was credited with 47 victories.

my cockpit

IMG_4688_zpsn6xy3qxa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work on the Emil Sergio! I really need to try a 1/72 scale kit one day.

thanks fellas, I hope this remains better than what done so far in my hands but will not catch insurance.

assembly is good, these new kits are airfix my liking me very much, I bought a spit MK I for GB here for this too, and control kit Lancaster bombers and vehicles, are two very good aspect kits ....

I still have more pictures the plane almost mounted little putty mine and all for failures to mount

IMG_4693_zpsvk3k56yf.jpg

IMG_4694_zpsusxbbg6f.jpg

IMG_4695_zpsv2awdaa3.jpg

Now I am assailed by a doubt:

It is that on some models the 109 joints the parts forming the fuselage had the line from the cockpit to the tail what would be at the top or bottom ?, I've never bothered to spell this but want to return to time to recover the good feelings to make good models that long ago that I do

Nice Sergio and I was hoping someone else would join me with an Axis aircraft.

I have the "gift" to the planes that you like or want to do ...., I long to see yours

Now I am assailed by a doubt:

It is that on some models the 109 joints the parts forming the fuselage had the line from the cockpit to the tail what would be at the top or bottom ?, I've never bothered to spell this but want to return to time to recover the good feelings to make good models that long ago that I do

Both rear fusleage halves of a Bf-109E were put together at the vertical plane of symmetry what means there were the lines and rivets on the top and bottom of the fuselage. However the top one seems to be either of a tight fitting or being filling with a putty. Therefore it isn't noticable often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back