**** DONE: 1/72 ca-12 boomerang - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks you guys.

Following assembly, Capony, the problemo here is not as typical fix appears without problems after oopacidades or loss of detail.
I put 4 pictures for you and you may see if you can and you want to give me some solution

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

as you can see the shape is almost perfect quirtando than on the sides is greater than the fuselage from behind and while the front have the exact shape.
do not know how to fix it without damaging the Capony

filler maybe????. At least you could get a reasonably sooth transition from canopy to body,but doesnt help the warping issue. Thats a bugger though

That looks bad! The only solution I can see is to make the fuselage wider, but you may be too far along. You could use extra thin cement to separate the fuselage halves. Add some width and re-glue. My quarter scale version had the same issue.

A bit of a sticky one Sergio and I'm not sure what to suggest. From the looks of it I would consider trying to file back the lip on the canopy side, but tape the rest of the canopy to protect it. The other possibility would be to try and build up the fuselage sides a little with a strip of plastic filed to shape after you have trimmed the canopy. Coming at it from both angles may help to bed the canopy better.

Red arrow indicates area to file back

Sergio Canopy 1.jpg

Blue arrow shows suggested area to add a strip of shaped plastic to bring out the side a little.

Sergio Canopy 2.jpg

there would be a little bit of flex in the canopy, but not much. if the canopy can be removed, is there any way of pushing the cockpit sides out. Probably not, I admit......

I wonder if there are after market canopies for this kit, they are usually thinner, more flexible plastic. might be another option.

If the two fuselage halves can come apart again, maybe what ozhawk did....put a spacer between the two halves

none of these suggestions are at all easy, and probably not do-able. You have my sympathies Sergio.

thanks to three ideas, I have it ready.
with paint stripper hot air (in my pofesion use it to bend the crosslinked polyvinyl tube for electrical surface facilities), to bend as I remarked a friend, everything was going well until I accidentally went to Capony is ground (went flying across the room) and while looking with the help of my daughter her foot callus on this very fragile plastic splitting in two halves, drastic solution, or do I have to buy another Capony to the plane.
then I put the pictures of how it looks.

That day I will learn that day I will make a model that does not have some mishap, is that I am very awkward .....Thanks guys....

I'd try to get a vac-form canopy replacement for that now that it's busted. Squadron.com would likely have one though their shipping costs are outrageous. I've stopped using them to source stuff because of that but maybe Hannant's carries a Squadron canopy at more reasonable rates.

Andy:
squadron has some pretty expensive if we give up the freight goes to buy the most expensive model of tasman models, bringing in australia and two Caponies.
I am thinking of buying in BNA model as between freight and other things I've seen cheaper sale

I'd try to get a vac-form canopy replacement for that now that it's busted. Squadron.com would likely have one though their shipping costs are outrageous. I've stopped using them to source stuff because of that but maybe Hannant's carries a Squadron canopy at more reasonable rates.

I just ordered some decals since they were having a sale and they were the only ones who had the two in question, but their shipping doubled the price. I avoid them generally. $25 to ship two decal sheets?

Good luck Sergio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back