**** DONE: 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3,the VVKJ - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Haven't progressed with this build much beyond of what is shown so far, but I should have some spare time to continue (and finish) the work in next couple of weeks or so. I have a request though. If the judges and other forum members/group build participants agree, I would like to ask if this entry can be transferred to the Foreign aircraft GB. Thematically it fits just fine, so if none of you guys don't mind then this thread can be simply moved to Foreign Aircraft GB section. If not, there's no problem, I'll finish the model eventually anyway.

Not a worry here but tend to agree with Andy's suggestion.

I think it should be up to the other entrants in the intermediate category, not the judges.

Brucescott
Rochie
Woody
Meatloaf109

Andy I think you got the names from the wrong build mate, Igor is looking at GB12.

So over to you guys in the Intermediate for GB 12: David (VikingBerserker), Jelmer (jjp_nl), Michael (Hub), Bill (N4521U), Karl (rochie), Even (A4K) and Sergio (destrozas).

Oops, sorry about this mix-up. Igor, suggest you PM the guys mentioned above to provide their feedback in this thread. I would say if at least 4 of the 7 agree, you're in.

Even though my own entries in this category (and in any GB for that matter) seem to have stranded somewhere along the way so I feel I don't have a big say in it, I wouldn't mind seeing this one continue in another GB, if it fits there too. Bottomline for me is building a kit and displaying how to go about that in your own way and sharing experiences on that. All the rest, such as theme's, group builds, judged competitions (notwithstanding the excellent judges we have around here) and such comes second. So, if it were up to me, this GB is as good as the next. If this build fits in with a different GB as well, I say go for it.

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone. Here's a quick update on the build - camouflage is RLM70 upper surfaces and RLM 65 undeside...

Attachments

• SDC11943.JPG
    SDC11943.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Copy of SDC11943.JPG
    Copy of SDC11943.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 162

Users who are viewing this thread

Back