**** DONE: 1/72 Westland SeaKing - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

which one of the pilots are modelled on you Michael,your doing a top job there mate ,well done

If you are like me, you don't have money to throw at all the extras for your builds. I get scratching material from old bank/credit cards, the little containers that your jelly comes in at the resturant, (plastic and aluminum), old ball-point pens...
Study the picts of your subject, then break it down to basic shapes. For 1/72nd you don't need to get crazy, just get the size and shape right and let the paint do its magic.

Well put. And by the looks of things..... he's over the beeby jeebies. It just takes a bit to get over the nerves of doing scratch building, you finally realize it's just plastic and the course of the planet will not change. Well done matey.

Well put. And by the looks of things..... he's over the beeby jeebies. It just takes a bit to get over the nerves of doing scratch building, you finally realize it's just plastic and the course of the planet will not change. Well done matey.

yeah thanks...just to indulge a little and show off a bit, some of the build is metal, not plastic. The intercom cord is 8amp fuse wire whilst the legs and seat surrounds is 30 gauge spring steel. I chose spring steel even though its harder to work with because I had some, and because it doesnt have unwanted bends and kinks....it only bends wher you apply strong bending force on. I used a vice and pliers to make the bends, and a diamond cutting wheel on my dremel to cut the lengths.

The consoles are resin leftovers from the firefly build and an electrical connector from an old LiPO battery. i had to cut the conector in half, again using the trusty dremel.

I decided not to put figures in the rear compartment because it looked too cluttered. The aft crew compartment is a bit bare though because I dont hsvr much idea of what was put in the back when ASW config was being used.

The canvas and tube seting for the crew posn aft the cockpit is made from spring steel, and paper, using Vics basic ideas (but differently). I gotta say, so far, the paper seat idea works a treat, so thanks Vic.

Last edited:
Now yer cookin............ get an idea of what you want to achieve....... search the memory banks...... then innovate....
you da man

just some quick progress shots, to show where i am up to. Dont have enough time to make much comment. suffice it to say, i have a lot of work to do

Attachments

• 000_0187[1].jpg
    000_0187[1].jpg
    37 KB · Views: 62
  • 000_0194[1].jpg
    000_0194[1].jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 000_0196[1].jpg
    000_0196[1].jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread

Back