**** DONE: F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So far, no truer words spoken...... still time to f**** it up.

TodayI had plenty of alone time, so I have gone after the cockpit with a vengance, did a trial fit..... of just the top portions of the sides. Just a little touching up and fit adjustments... Then maybe I can button her up and work on the outside!

I sailor on.

Attachments

• NASLVK15a cockpit.jpg
    NASLVK15a cockpit.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 69
  • NASLVK15b cockpit.jpg
    NASLVK15b cockpit.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 71
  • NASLVK15c cockpit.jpg
    NASLVK15c cockpit.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 67
  • NASLVK15d instr panel.jpg
    NASLVK15d instr panel.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 62
And me. Watch that gun sight Bill - it's crying out to be broken off.

It didn't Break of, but it did Come off. I had to make the surround from a PVC tube drilled out to fit and punched a disc from clear. Didn't realize how bad the paint was till I shot the pic cuz I painted After I attached it. So I removed it and it's drying from a better paint job. But will wait till I am putting the windscreen on to replace it.

This being my fav A/C I have wanted to do the best I can on it. I am close to that! Thanks for the kudos.

Have done the final fit of the interior before buttoning up for the fuselage. Only things left inside are the PE levers for throttle and stuff. Gonna take a breather from this part and do the links on the trim tabs and wiring of the engine.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• NASLVK 16c.jpg
    NASLVK 16c.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 61
  • NASLVK 16a.jpg
    NASLVK 16a.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 60
  • NASLVK 16b.jpg
    NASLVK 16b.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: