**** DONE: F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well it didn't.... So I is putting aside for a bit, time to cogitate. Just very difficult to get the holes between cylinders and centered on the front cyls. Have another idea. I will move on to something a little less trying.

But I will come back to it.

ABW, here is my punt................
So the first method did not work(1). Drilling the ,6mm soldering wire and gluing .35mm soldering wire... It just fell apart, too diff to handle.
The second try (2). Just could not get the wires evenly spaced. Gave that one up quick.

what was I thinking???????????
I have a wiring harness from my engine kit!!!!! DUH.... So why not use it??? I dunno!
Got an old piece of PVC card, laid it behind the harness and marked the spaces between the groups of wire and the inside diameter. I first filed slots on the marked areas. Then rough punched the card and used a half round file to smooth the inside curve. Filed down the tops to an even circle and cut in the notch at the bottom. Turned the lot over and glued it up with liquid super glue. Turn it back over, a quick spray of silver, and wahlah! A pretty bl00dy decent wiring harness.

So what's so difficult about that I ask??????????
I dunno.

Attachments

• NASLVK 10a.jpg
    NASLVK 10a.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 63
  • NASLVK 10b.jpg
    NASLVK 10b.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 92
  • NASLVK 10c.jpg
    NASLVK 10c.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 65
Thanks guys. I never have claimed to be Quick out of the blocks.

I'm plumbing the wheel wells. I'm kinda liking working with the soldering wire.

Thanks guys, Vic. Just one more in a long line of anxious moments. I am happy with it in the end.

Finished the plumbing of the wheel wells. Just a bit of faking it in some cases, but Annie will never know..... LOL. I tried something for the exhausts, turning and drilling out some sprue, but it dint work at all. Will have to go to the LHS and get some aluminium tube.

And..... the tow motor is fini. Got my Tamiya AS-8 US Navy blue match spray paint this am. Wow, is it nice. AND it takes the acrylic paints a treat.... as I painted the whole wheel(s) and then painted the Nato black of the tires over it. I think I went a little overboard with the scratching with a wire brush to make it look a little used, I sprayed Tamiya Gloss Alum as an undercoat then scratched the blue as it dried.

Done a bit in the cockpit, that will be next after I do the exhaust tubes.

I sailor on......

Attachments

• NASLVK 11a wheel wells.jpg
    NASLVK 11a wheel wells.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 67
  • NASLVK 11b tow motor.jpg
    NASLVK 11b tow motor.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back