**** DONE: F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yah well.... maybe This one then?????????

I'm still gonna do one wing up and one down with the gun bay being serviced.
And the tow motor will be dark Corsair blue, cuz I do have One bloody picture of one!!! So there.

Great picture Terry. You got some good ones. Point I was making tho is the resin piece is about 1.5 mm short of the kit rudder.

Attachments

• Random314.jpg
    Random314.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 98
Couple more detail pics for you Bill, for what they're worth.

Attachments

• Corsair 5.jpg
    Corsair 5.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Corsair 6.jpg
    Corsair 6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Corsair 7.jpg
    Corsair 7.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 73
  • Corsair 10.jpg
    Corsair 10.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 72
I guess that's why we are all here, and why this forum is so active. We all just wanna help!

So I got my new engine today and wasted no time in getting it done up. No question which is the better looking one. Far left is the kit engine, mid is the first one I got, on the right is the Quickboost! Have put the pushrod tubes in. I drilled out the little dimples to .6mm and used some PVC rod 5.5mm long. Holes are just deep enough to drop the rod into the hole, then lift it up to the rocker arm cover. This way I put a drop of liquid super glue to that end and none in the hole. This way the hole end stays nice and neat.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the spark plug wiring ring. Tried bending some PVC rod into a circle but it just wont hold it's shape. May try some aluminium round and see if I can drill the .4mm pilot holes for some soldering wire. I just did a test to see if it will adhere with superglue and it works.

Attachments

• NASLVK 9a engines.jpg
    NASLVK 9a engines.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 97
  • NASLVK 9b rod tubes.jpg
    NASLVK 9b rod tubes.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 99
  • NASLVK 9c rod tubes.jpg
    NASLVK 9c rod tubes.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 95
Not sure if this is a good idea, but how about a tap or hose washer for the spark plug ring. Not sure about size but am going on memory. Good progress as well Bill and some great shots Andy.

Copper wire works well, bent around a paint brush or pen shaft of the required diameter - easier to maintain the circle than using stretched sprue or plastic rod.

I was looking thru my "stuff" and founbd some .6 soldering wire! Perfect. If it all works I will post pictures when done. Otherwise.................. I won't mention it again! And will take another tack! :)

well That didn't work too well. all the little bristles didn't stick very well. Plus is verrrry bl0000dy difficult to keep all the holes in-line. So my next attempt is somewhat as Vic suggested..... isn't this why we are here... and make a washer from some thick spru material. I have cut the disk, marked it and started drilling a sh!t load of holes....

I just gotta have it!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back